X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome from Southern California.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard! Please do share your work here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just reminded me that I have not made enquiries about fleeces here in the UK - not that I need any more yarn, but there is something about taking a fleece and ending up with a useful item which is very satisfying, I find.
    I live on the South coast of England within sight of the sea - at least, from the back bedroom window I can see Poole Harbour and the Purbecks beyond.
    My father's family were linen weavers, on hand looms, going back in the generations - but they were also agitators for a living wage, got themselves blacklisted, so a daughter went into cotton weaving and a granddaughter was a cotton weaver in a factory.
    I do have a small simple loom, but I got a knitting machine back in the early 1970s and did a lot with that - like paying the mortgage, then went into teaching and then servicing, out of self defence when trying to get something working well enough to use again.
    These days, being unable to go out playing music dancing and singing, I have been occupying myself with various crafts, trying to keep busy.
    I do envy you having a proper loom - I have been tempted, but can't really justify the expense nor the space, however I look forward to reading more of your projects and progress in future.

Anne the Pleater
    I presume to dictate to no man what he shall eat or drink or wherewithal he shall be clothed."
    -- The Hon. Stuart Ruaidri Erskine, The Kilt & How to Wear It, 1901.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12