X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post deleted by me.

Dave
    Last edited by Crazy Dave; 7th June 20 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Deemed inappropriate in retrospect.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I may. This forum is based on the principal that we act like gentlemen and ladies. We interact with each other with respect.

We do not denigrate or belittle.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize.

4. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Crazy Dave For This Useful Post:

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's forgotten
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ashton View Post
    The sellers listed above are re-sellers or factory outlets for Glenisla makers.

Many of their offerings are made in Scotland from UK woven fabric. But I suspect some of the fabric, due to the low prices, may come from lesser known mills.
    Now as I've said I don't know any of Pauline Sweeney's numerous businesses from visiting actual shops in Scotland, I only know her Ebay presence.

Following that for several years now (in an indirect way, keeping tabs on tweed jackets, and kilt, on Ebay) there are periods where 100% of her offerings are obviously Pakistan-made. A stratagem is to label new Pakistani made jackets and kilts as "ex-hire" (I know from personal experience).

From time to time one of her Ebay outlets will have what appear to be Scottish-made items that probably are ex-hire. She has an unusually high quantity of those on Ebay now, as it happens:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/kilts4less/...p2047675.l2562

A note about when she lists things as being Made In Scotland: sometimes they do appear, from the photos in the listing, to be high quality and quite possibly Scottish/British/UK made.

Sometimes they are patently Pakistani (I bought one, I know).

Sometimes it's not obvious. She lists Prince Charlies for absurdly low prices that are claimed to be Scottish made. I noticed that she doesn't include photos of the labels. I emailed and asked for a photo showing the label inside the Prince Charlie stating Made In UK/Britain/Scotland and I got a response saying there was no such label. New Prince Charlies for $70, no label, I think I can connect the dots. A couple times she has shown the label, it said ACS Clothing.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12