X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Old DIY Jacket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old DIY Jacket

I have recently semi-retired. I have been going through the closet and have run across things that might be appreciated here. And it gives me a chance to test posting pictures. So first up is a kilt jacket conversion I did when I was about 16. The jacket was originally my father's from when he was a teenager, and had a matching pair of pants. I did a lot of this sewing by hand, though the liners were sewn on a machine and turned inside out (or outside in, which ever you prefer). The imitation horn buttons were what was on the coat already. I found it in the bottom of a box. Storage of 45 years has degraded the material. You can see the damage here and there. I don't know what the material is, but it's not wool. I still fit in it pretty well.
    20200522_104143_copy_1494x2656.jpg
    20200522_104216_copy_2124x1195.jpg
    20200603_064210_copy_1267x886.jpg
    20200603_064300_copy_1083x583.jpg
    I had never actually seen a kilt jacket. I only had pictures like the catalogs OCRichard has posted and National Geographic. So I was pretty pleased with it for the time being. However, when I finished schooling I traveled to Scotland. The jacket stayed home and I bought one there. Which I (ahem) also pretty much fit into. Thats my story anyway.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to DCampbell16B For This Useful Post: