X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings from NC.

I found this site quite inadvertently, during the course of researching products.... it would seem to be a wealth of information and knowledge.

As a child, I recall my maternal grandfather (a straight-line MacKay, who's antecedents came to South Carolina at the dawn of the 17th century) breaking out his kilt for family events and reunions, and the occasional Highland Games.... to go about in public dressed in such a manner was not socially acceptable among polite society in an urban, US environment in the 1970s.... However, he taught me a great deal about the culture, history, and traditions... at 15, he procured for me my first kilt- which I was brash enough to wear to a public school in the mid 80s...

I'm not a daily kilt wearer, my current duties do not allow for it. However, the kilts (particularly in light synthetic tartans or canvas utility) see use several times a month as workout or work around the farm wear.....

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Scotlad45 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the "Great Rabble"!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings from another NC Scott. With all the cancelations, at the current time the only Highland Games this year may be lochnorman.com and maybe coastalhighlandgames.com. Not a very good year for games, but glad you are aboard XMarks.
    Insperata Floruit! - Flourished Unexpectedly!

KABOOM; Kilted Christians; Kilted In Carolina; Matt Newsome Kilt Owners Group; R Kilts are Awesome; SEKS - The Great Southeastern Kilt Society; The Order of the Dandelion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings from Wheaton, Maryland!

Dave

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum from Western Canada!
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from a Scotsman living in the English midlands.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotlad45 View Post
    I found this site quite inadvertently, during the course of researching products.... it would seem to be a wealth of information and knowledge.

As a child, I recall my maternal grandfather (a straight-line MacKay, who's antecedents came to South Carolina at the dawn of the 17th century) breaking out his kilt for family events and reunions, and the occasional Highland Games.... to go about in public dressed in such a manner was not socially acceptable among polite society in an urban, US environment in the 1970s.... However, he taught me a great deal about the culture, history, and traditions... at 15, he procured for me my first kilt- which I was brash enough to wear to a public school in the mid 80s...

I'm not a daily kilt wearer, my current duties do not allow for it. However, the kilts (particularly in light synthetic tartans or canvas utility) see use several times a month as workout or work around the farm wear.....
    Greetings! I'm in Laurinburg, so we must be relatively close. There's quite a few of us in this part of North Carolina, and we benefit from having the St. Andrew's Society headquartered in Southern Pines. Although Covid has impacted most of the Highland Games this year, I'm sure that there will be a time in the not-too-distant future for an area get-together.

With every good wish,

David Pope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome from outhern California.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Sunny Southern California!

Originally from West Virginia, you're blessed in North Carolina with a huge number of Scots and some great Highland Games. Been to Loch Norman and Grandfather Mountain, some of my favourite Games.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Stoff is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from coastal NC.
    Stoff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast