X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlloyd View Post
    As a fellow East Tennessean, I heartily approve! Well done!
    Thank you sir - always glad to meet a neighbor!

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to TNScotsman For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNScotsman View Post
    Glad that I could be helpful! As for orders of chivalry, I have the honor of serving as a Knight Commander of the Order of Saint Sylvester, Knight Commander of the Order of the Star of Ethiopia, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Pearl of Sulu, and Companion of the Order of Omukama Chwa II. Kabalega. I should probably know by your post nominals, but what Orders are you involved with?

As for simple arms, the very little I know about heraldic design says that simplicity is a benefit. While mine have a great deal of meaning I feel like the design is simple, uncluttered, and in respect to the original purpose of arms could be relatively easily identified at a distance. I'd be glad to hear about the meanings behind your own design as well.
    That sure is a lot of Orders that you are a part of! The only Order that I am a member of is The Holy Orthodox Order of Saint George the Great Martyr - a religious chivalric order recently created with the blessing of the First Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR).

My other post nominal, OblSB shows that I am an Oblate of Saint Benedict.

As for my Arms:

The Or and Argent are reminiscent of the Vatican's CoA and serve to show that my family has Roman Catholic roots. The Gules is to show military service, which I am the third generation of my family to have served in the military. The Eagles represent that my family dates back to the Roman empire - their colors are to show loyalty to Church and Country during extreme grief - three to show that I am a third generation Italian-American

The Eastern crown on the crest is to show that one part of my family came from southern Italy, which had ties to the Byzantine Empire, while the double-headed Eagle is to show that my family has gone East in that we converted to the Orthodox faith - so a meshing of East and West.

The motto, Lucem Amat Virtus means Virtue loves light.

The Medals are from my Military service. The Army Commendation Medal, and the Army Achievement Medal.
    OblSB, PhD, KOSG

"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." -Socrates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12