X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any 2020 Games NOT cancelled?

Just wondering which Highland Games (anywhere in the world) are still going to happen in 2020.

The only one I know of here in the US Southwest is the Moab Celtic Festival 6-8 November.

https://www.discovermoab.com/event/m...-on-the-rocks/

I've never been to these but it's very tempting to make the 10 hour drive. The last Games I attended were our Queen Mary Scots Festival in February.

I don't think any such gathering would be legal here in California at present.
    Last edited by OC Richard; 5th August 20 at 04:49 PM.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of this precise second, I know of two which have not been canceled. The 15th Annual Central Kentucky Celtic Festival and Highland Games 9/19/20 in Eminence Kentucky, kyhighlandgames.com; and the 2nd Annual Coastal Highland Games 11/14/20 in Myrtle Beach South Carolina, coastalhighlandgames.com
    Insperata Floruit! - Flourished Unexpectedly!

KABOOM; Kilted Christians; Kilted In Carolina; Matt Newsome Kilt Owners Group; R Kilts are Awesome; SEKS - The Great Southeastern Kilt Society; The Order of the Dandelion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both Calgary and Canmore Highland games scheduled for the Labour Day long weekend are cancelled.
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cheyenne WY Celtic Festival was postponed from June until September 19 & 20.
    Greg Livingston
    Commissioner
    Clan MacLea (Livingstone)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long's Peak, Colorado

Just read this morning that the Long's Peak ScotFest for 2020 has cancelled all but the actual athletic competitions and that the local health boards have restricted attendance for these to fewer than 200 persons...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Richard View Post
    Just wondering which Highland Games (anywhere in the world) are still going to happen in 2020.

The only one I know of here in the US Southwest is the Moab Celtic Festival 6-8 November.

https://www.discovermoab.com/event/m...-on-the-rocks/

I've never been to these but it's very tempting to make the 10 hour drive. The last Games I attended were our Queen Mary Scots Festival in February.

I don't think any such gathering would be legal here in California at present.
    The vista Highland games were called off a while ago. Along with Scottish heritage night at the padres and anything else that was planned.
    Descendant of the Gillises and MacDonalds of North Morar.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balaamsass51 View Post
    As of this precise second, I know of two which have not been canceled. The 15th Annual Central Kentucky Celtic Festival and Highland Games 9/19/20 in Eminence Kentucky, kyhighlandgames.com; and the 2nd Annual Coastal Highland Games 11/14/20 in Myrtle Beach South Carolina, coastalhighlandgames.com
    Thanks! I needed good news like that.

A few weeks ago my son and I spent a week in West Virginia visiting family, and after months of living in the California lockdown it was wonderful to be in a place that seemed mostly unaffected, to be able to eat in a restaurant, which hasn't been possible here since mid-March.

It's tempting to use Bonus Miles and fly out to WV make the quite reasonable drive out I-64 to the Central Kentucky Games!
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like they are social distancing.
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Grouch Marx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redstone Highland Games - Mid October - SW Utah

Oct 16 & 17 at Sandstone Park, St. George Utah; Friday from 5P - 9 P and Sat 10A - 5P. https://www.redstonehighlandgames.com/I already have reservations for a car and a motel for it. Will be heading up that Wednesday from L.A. I will be wearing my Brownwatch Utili-Kilt and Friday with my 2018 Blue Seaside Games shirt and a Surfer cross necklace, while Saturday, with a Native American shirt and my blackfoot choker, my tam will have a NA beaded cockade with a heather device hanging from it. I have to show my 2 main bloodlines. . . So if any of you go there and see me, come up and say "Hoots Mon!" Yes, i DO have other Kilts, about 5 traditionals and a comfy Kilt for lounging around the house!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perth, Western Australia Gathering is on

The annual Highland Gathering and charity kilt run in Armadale (Perth, Australia) will be held on Sunday 20 October. The coos will be there this year, too https://perthkiltrun.com.au/highland-gathering/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	061019-358.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	182.9 KB 
ID:	39154

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast