X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    San Diego, Sacramento and Monterey are officially canceled for this year. Pleasanton is still on hold. I think our only hope now (in CA) for a large sized gathering is Ventura in Oct. Some of the smaller events are still on hold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe change the name of this thread to "Any 2021 Games NOT cancelled?"

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to SF Jeff For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In British Columbia, Canada, the Penticton HG (3 July) and the Campbell River Highland Gathering (10 August) have not yet been cancelled. I suspect the Penticton organizers are being a bit too optimistic and, with our provincial new COVID-19 cases reaching a daily record of over 1260 yesterday, I'm not hopeful for the Campbell River games either. Since we are now in a rampaging third wave of the pandemic, fuelIed mostly by the new variants, I really can't see large public events being allowed here before at least the late fall and perhaps not until next year.

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entry tickets for the Braemar Gathering have been put on hold until May 1. The Oban Gathering/Argyll Highland Games are still scheduled for August 26. At last take, the World Pipe Band Championships are still scheduled for Glasgow Green mid-August. Others in Scotland remain scheduled: Aberdeen July 3, Inverary July 20, Hallkirk July 31, Bridge of Allan August 8, Aberfeldy August 13, Assynt August 13, Helmsdale August 21, Stirling (Virtual) August 21, Crieff August 22, Oban August 26, Glenurquhart August 28, Blairgowrie September 5, Pitlochry September 11.

Decisions to postpone to 2022 have already been taken by: the Macpherson Rally at Newtonmore, the Black Isle Agricultural Show, the Highland Field Sports Fair at Moy, the Inverness Gathering, and games at: Ardrossan, Gordon Castle, Cupar, Drumtochty, Forres, Kenmore, Alva, Lochcarron, Tomintoul, Durness, Balquhidder/Lochearnhead/Strathyre, Airth, St. Andrews, Arisaid, Dufftown, Killin, Isle of Skye, Abernethy, Glenisla, Cowal and Lonach.

There are undoubtedly others I don't yet know about.

EDIT: just after posting this I heard about three more still scheduled, Ballater 12 August, Bute 21 August and Perth (Virtual) in August. Also, that Atholl & Breadalbane, Cornhill, Strathmore, Ceres, Rosneath and Aboyne have been cancelled.
    Last edited by ThistleDown; 10th April 21 at 06:03 PM.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to ThistleDown For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Jeff View Post
    Maybe change the name of this thread to "Any 2021 Games NOT cancelled?"
    Or post here. 2021 Scottish Highland Games Announcing Opening

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...opening-97054/

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Mael Coluim For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cobourg Highland Games in Southern Ontario have been postponed until September 11th. We'll see if they can stick to it. It sounds feasible if ENOUGH PEOPLE GET THEIR JAB and if it works against virus variation.

I noticed that the Western New York Celtic Festival in the Buffalo area is still going ahead for the weekend after that .... Sep't 18 but again, they will have to meet similar criteria. They are way ahead of the Canadian side on vaccination rates but way behind on infection rates so the border may still be closed, then.
    Those ancient U Nialls from Donegal were a randy bunch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123