X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It Still happens

Just something to give the Rabble a reason to smile, grind your teeth, shake your head in disbelief or (insert any other applicable response here)____________. You might be able to make out the company name in this image. i made a feeble attempt to remove it but was unsuccessful and they have replaced the image with another more suitable. The company in question sell mostly other non Scottish related items, But this is simply more evidence that on the internet (or any other digital medium), you can never really erase past errors in judgement, misinterpretations, unflattering comments and distasteful images. Again, it's not a shot at the company (maybe a little good natured dig). Of them i have had many positive interactions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	326442cb7c2db7369947f7bcd5bdb654.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	39101
    Last edited by Jacques; 10th August 20 at 12:08 PM.
    "I know of no inspiration to be got from trousers."
    Lt. Col. Norman MacLeod, QOCH, c. 1924

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Jacques For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the banner photo from an article called: The Dos and Don'ts of Wearing a Kilt

Sadly it makes no reference to this image in the article, so no insight into which side of the line this is on or if this is meant as a bit of fun, an ironic statement or if it's a mistake... I'm going with it being tongue in cheek, but then who knows:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So strange, that patch of white fur on the black fur sporran. I guess they saw a targe sporran and though "why not?"

That little image of the "Scottish soldier" has so many things wrong I don't know where to start.

I've seen people like that at our Highland Games sometimes, wearing a hodgepodge of military kit.

The polar opposites are the serious re-enactors who have everything perfect, even things you don't see, like the contents of their pockets.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

5. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to OC Richard For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    This is the banner photo from an article called: The Dos and Don'ts of Wearing a Kilt

Sadly it makes no reference to this image in the article, so no insight into which side of the line this is on or if this is meant as a bit of fun, an ironic statement or if it's a mistake... I'm going with it being tongue in cheek, but then who knows:

This is beyond tongue in cheek and ventures into the realm of urine extraction.

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Farmer Jones For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Just something to give the Rabble a reason to smile, grind your teeth, shake your head in disbelief or (insert any other applicable response here)____________. You might be able to make out the company name in this image. i made a feeble attempt to remove it but was unsuccessful and they have replaced the image with another more suitable. The company in question sell mostly other non Scottish related items, But this is simply more evidence that on the internet (or any other digital medium), you can never really erase past errors in judgement, misinterpretations, unflattering comments and distasteful images. Again, it's not a shot at the company (maybe a little good natured dig). Of them i have had many positive interactions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	326442cb7c2db7369947f7bcd5bdb654.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	39101
    Nice pleats.
    The hielan' man he wears the kilt, even when it's snowin';
    He kens na where the wind comes frae, But he kens fine where its goin'.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to lschwartz For This Useful Post: