X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganKyle View Post
    Upon re-reading this sentence, I realized I should post a TL;DR for this aspect specifically. I consider my USA Kilts casual kilts to be "nicer" than my Sport Kilts, even without going so far as a semi-trad. Sweat pants vs. dress pants.
    I really appreciate the thorough response! I'm trying to move from wearing kilts only for formal wear towards more every day options, so the review is quite relevant. I may very well try a USAK Casual Kilt as my next!

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to KennethSime For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethSime View Post
    I really appreciate the thorough response! I'm trying to move from wearing kilts only for formal wear towards more every day options, so the review is quite relevant. I may very well try a USAK Casual Kilt as my next!
    A casual would probably be perfect for you, then. My understanding is that the semi-trads are geared more toward people who still want easy care but want a single kilt to wear in both a somewhat more formal setting as well as in casual settings. In my opinion, the casuals are more than adequate for casual wear and fit right in with wearing a dress shirt and possibly even a vest and tie. I liken USA Kilts casuals to encompassing the range of about blue jeans to dress slacks depending on what you wear with them. You wouldn't wear a tuxedo with normal dress slacks. Same applies here. Casuals are great for pretty much any purpose I have for a kilt, but if you're going full formal or dressing up to be knighted, it's probably not your best choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12