X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilt lovers and all things Scottish North West England

Hello the rabble,

Been such a long time since I was here. I hope you are all well. A few of us kilt wearers here are planning to set up a Robert Burns club where we celebrate all things Burns and Scottish including of course Kilt wearing Burns nights. I am not sure if this post belongs here but I wanted to see if anyone here would be interested in swelling our numbers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you saying you're wanting to set something up in "North West England", or are you talking about somewhere else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes in Northwest England UK. But we would be honoured to welcome Country Membership from oversees?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the invite, but I'd have to pass at this time. I don't feel I'd have anything meaningful I could contribute. But good luck with finding others closer to you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not easy to travel at this time! Would certainly be interested in online activities.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am involved in several different activities - which all came to a fairly abrupt end this year, but we have been able to set up interactions or at least keep in touch by using the internet and sorting out Zoom, even to the extent of having an AGM as required by the constitution of the organization.

It has made a big difference to be able to speak to people and keep things going along with at least a semblance of normality, even though that is in short supply these days.

To extend what has been done with a group of musicians, I could very easily envisage a Burns Club with Zoom meetings for the reading of an item or two and discussion thereof.

Anne the Pleater
    I presume to dictate to no man what he shall eat or drink or wherewithal he shall be clothed."
    -- The Hon. Stuart Ruaidri Erskine, The Kilt & How to Wear It, 1901.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi - I would be interested.

I'm originally from the NW and still have family there. Covid has curtailed our travel arrangements this year, but we usually make it back several times a year.