Ok, first off this is not my wedding, it is a friend/co-worker of my wife's. Thankfully when asking for permission I was given the green light. This wedding is also a 1920s-30s theme. So I've bought an argyle waistcoat and jacket. Trying to keep to the appropriate era and style, without breaking the bank I wanted some insight about a few accessories.

I currently only have two day sporrans... pretty well worn too. Should I go with a semi-formal leather or go the whole way and get a fur with silver cantle to match the waistcoat and jacket? I've also got a pair of black wool blend hose. I'm sure some will say that I should get either cream (white is a no-no) or some other color or if you think black for this one time would be alright.

Last thing I was going to ask is about a sash. I'm not sure if my wife will be wearing the wool-mix sash that matches my State of Michigan tartan kilt I own. If she doesn't and I want to wear it would that be too much for a wedding as a simple guest? So to clarify I and my wife are guests we are not a part of the bridal party. So I'm asking if that is too formal or not. I've honestly not been to many wedding and again this is my first in a kilt.

Thank you for the help and advise.