X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scottish 8-Yard Kilt Offer

Hi! I just placed an order for the "Scottish 8 Yard Wool Kilt" deal that goes to help the kilt maker in Scotland affected by COVID-19. (URL https://www.usakilts.com/scottish-8-yard-wool-kilt.html). I wanted to make sure that it had the same internal construction design as other USA Kilts 8-yard kilts. Thanks!

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, the internal construction is very similar to ours & they know our standards and specs. The one thing that WILL be different is the straps... they will have standard kilt straps (not our embossed ones).

3. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to RockyR For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will these kilts be machine sewn, or hand stitched?
    waulk softly and carry a big schtick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered one on the last day of the sale. I'm waiting on mine right now. The post office hasn't moved to ship the kilt from PA in the past five days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LRRP View Post
    I ordered one on the last day of the sale. I'm waiting on mine right now. The post office hasn't moved to ship the kilt from PA in the past five days.
    Have patience - all good things are worth the wait. I'm very happy with my kilt from the Scottish sale - 13oz Fraser Red Ancient. Ordered in October, received in December, about 7 weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13DA26A5-A0E2-403A-BD26-44DE1CE18BE1_1_105_c.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	350.4 KB 
ID:	39606

7. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to KennethSime For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethSime View Post
    Have patience - all good things are worth the wait. I'm very happy with my kilt from the Scottish sale - 13oz Fraser Red Ancient. Ordered in October, received in December, about 7 weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13DA26A5-A0E2-403A-BD26-44DE1CE18BE1_1_105_c.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	350.4 KB 
ID:	39606
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patience will be rewarded ... eventually!

I had a similar experience with that post office in Pennsylvania. They "sat" on a parcel from USA Kilts for which two-day shipping had been paid. For more than a week, USPS tracker showed the package had been received but "not accepted" (whatever that means!).

Derek at USA Kilts was incredibly helpful. He dispatched a second order with two-day shipping which DID arrive in time for Christmas. The original parcel did not arrive until the day AFTER Christmas, 11 days after it had been shipped with "two-day priority." Sigh ...

I was, however, able to "refuse" the first parcel at the post office and ship it back to the good people at USA Kilts.

So ... I hope your new kilt arrives shortly and is everything you hoped it would be.

Best wishes,
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by LRRP View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't fault USA Kilts. They are great to do business with and I love their YouTube videos that are informative.

The US Postal Service has just underperformed this fall. With package tracking, you can see how packages will sit for several days in one spot with no progress to the final destination. I recently had two packages that started on the east coast (USA), go down to Florida (near where I live), then to California, back to Florida, back to California, to then finally go to me in Florida.

As of this morning, it looks as if my Modern Clan Young tartan will be delivered on 4 JAN.

11. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to LRRP For This Useful Post: