X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I see that the kilt/tartan was fully discussed. I shall not open that can of worms.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by figheadair View Post
    Thank you. I see that the kilt/tartan was fully discussed. I shall not open that can of worms.
    Goodness gracious.

It was an interesting read, though I expected a different topic (that of the wearing of white Dress Tartans by men).
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for your thoughts! - but - in UK terminology, I think a red sporran would be too 'sudden' (bright/brash)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WalesLax View Post
    If you aren't wearing it and willing to part with it, let me know - I am a US Citizen, but have a Commonwealth Passport and Canadian Passport, and if it is the right size or I can resize it, I would LOVE to wear it to some of my piping and curling events. In case you were worried I am looking to do something inappropriate, I am not, but if you aren't allowed to wear it, I would love to!

As a side note, on the topic of "keeping it in the family," we are Robertsons as well, way, way, way back... lots of things actually; it turns out that my family both married outside of the family before it was "cool," and also got thrown out of a lot of countries back in the day. ;P

Rob
    Many thanks for the offer! But! - as the kilt is somewhat controversial, along with a letter from H.M. the Queens personal secretary, I prefer to keep it as a 'heirloom' for my sons.

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to A Robertson For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the advice! I will try a grey seal skin sporran (never thought of that option! Thanks Bruce Scott! - great photo!) Hope to post pictures when my new kilt arrives.
    Also, re my 'royal tartan' kilt - I owe a long overdue massive thanks to all the contributors to the original discussion, especially to the site's in house historians, who went to great lengths to determine the tartan. Great guys.
    Next question! - Do you think my diced red/white hose will compliment a Dress Stewart? !!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Robertson View Post
    Next question! - Do you think my diced red/white hose will compliment a Dress Stewart? !!
    Red and White dice have been around for nearly 300 years. They go with anything IMO.

8. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to figheadair For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12