X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aech2oh View Post
    Hey all, I'm Aech!! I'm a college student currently studying in Las Vegas (I guess that's one benefit of Zoom University), but I grew up in the SF Bay Area. I had a kilt when I was a kid, but I grew out of it a long time ago and recently ordered a new one since I've been missing wearing one. I've been lurking on the forum for about a week, but now that I've ordered the kilt I've decided to join
    are you part of the las vagas pipe band?
    Hoc Majorum Virtus ( This is the valour of my ancestors)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Logan View Post
    are you part of the las vagas pipe band?
    Unfortunately, I don't (yet) know how to play. I did buy a practice chanter pretty recently, and my uncle is in the Prince Charles Pipe Band, so I definitely plan on learning! I'm also only here until the end of the semester, so about a week. After that I'm heading back to the bay for winter break and to South Carolina for next semester.
    "My heart's in the Highlands wherever I go." - Robert Burns

Clan Sutherland

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from SoCal!!

Prince Charles is a great band, an institution it rightly could be said.

There's a very good piper who is exceptionally good at "setting up" pipes who recently moved to Vegas, Tucker Fleming. If you could hook up with him you would be good to go.

The Vegas Highland Games (which of course were cancelled this year) are great fun. For a couple years we did a thing of having the Massed Bands for the closing ceremony at the Games location (Floyd Lamb Park, in Tule Springs northwest of Vegas) then everybody would drive down to Fremont Street and we would do a massed march of the pipe bands after dark, ending up at a pub for a "kitchen piping" contest and general revelry.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12