X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perfect hiking weather

last weekend we got on the trails a bit earlier than normal. We normally get on the trail around 9 but we managed it at 8:20. I prefer that for 2 reasons. One the light is so much better. Two the trails are more empty. They require masks on any section where you can not keep 6 feet distance and most people do that but probably 30 percent don't. Both my wife and I have conditions (and in case no one has noticed are old) which makes us more vulnerable.
    The lows that day were 44 and the high 60 so we are starting the time when maybe a heavier shirt or leggings will be required but not yet. It was wonderful hiking weather.
    This is me with a new sporran. I have finally got to a point where I think I am satisfied. It's larger which I like for camera batties, nugo bars, doggy treats and the usual wallet, cell phone and knife when I'm hiking and I think my carving, dyeing and antiquing are good. This is the 5th of this style and pattern I have made and the first where I haven't noticed flaws almost immediately or even before I'm finished. (If you notice a flaw please keep it to yourself as I will probably get around to seeing it but give me a little period of happiness). I am doing one more because I want one unpainted just antiqued. And then....I don't know. Hopefully that doesn't mean I'll die (an old twilight zone) but if it does I guess I can really scrutinize it again.
    This is me
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8003a800.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	39442
    This dog has been on the trail before. He stopped when he saw us and when I stepped forward he went back down the trail and apparently went around the other way as he was at the apple farm when we got there.

Name:	DSC_4886a800.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	39443
    This is apparently the country version of bobbing for apples

Name:	DSC_4999a800.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	381.1 KB 
ID:	39444
    I know I take a lot of pictures of these but I find Larder trees fascinating.

Name:	DSC_5007a800.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	39445
    How the trail looked in the morning

Name:	DSC_7964a800.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	39446
    Grizzly saying "hey I didn't do it"

Name:	DSC_7952a800.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	447.0 KB 
ID:	39447
    This wasn't on the hike but my daughter started stretching that evening and grizz demanded the floor tax. Where if you sit on the floor you have to pet him

Name:	DSC_7898a800.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	357.6 KB 
ID:	39448

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to grizzbass For This Useful Post: