X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry to read this sad news about Hamish. I have never met him, but I have so much enjoyed reading his posts here on XTMS. Every one of them showing which true gentleman, he is. The kilted legend.

Hamish has often been in my thoughts. In 2019 we here, after five years of silence, saw a few lines from him. So, no doubt, that in the meantime his health had taken the wrong direction. And so it had, no doubt, since he in August 2010 had his first surgery, following him been diagnosed back in January that year.
    He, who had been so active, still brought it to nearly 100 contributions in 2011, then in 2012 they dropped to under 50, the following year just six, four in 2014, and then nothing until the one in July 2019. So sad.

And his 100 magnificent kilts? I so much wish his Kilt Kollection shall find a permanent home.

Bernie, I’m sure, Hamish does not remember me, but nevertheless I should like you to bring him my best regards and hopes. He is in my thoughts. And he will be.

Greg
    Greg

Kilted for comfort, difference, look, variety and versatility

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the update Bernie - MUCH appreciated. I'm another one who has yet to meet Hamish but considers him a friend and a role model of a gentleman with grace.

Kind wishes to you Hamish. Know you've changed many lives for the better.

Hugs my friend.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hamish is a role model for all of us. I'm sorry to hear of his declining health and hope he gets better soon. Him and the pose will always hold a spot in my mind and heart.
    Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadbelly View Post
    If people don't like it they can go sit on a thistle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123