X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update on Hamish

Hi Everyone,

I am a good friend of Hamish and live not too far from him, and he has asked me to give an update on his health to everyone that knows him here on X Marks the Scot and other forums.

Sadly Hamish is very ill and his future prognosis is measured in months rather than years; it is a long standing illness that he has had for many years, but the medical options are now exhausted.

Unfortunately due to the pandemic I cannot visit him and it would not be appropriate to give his address on the internet, so I said I would take messages from people and read them out to him on the phone.

So, if you know Hamish and want to pass on a message to him, please would you respond to this thread, or send me a private message if you prefer, and I will pass your message onto him. If you have met him personally, let me know where and roughly when.

He is being cared for by the community team of St Barnabas Hospice, Worthing, see https://www.stbarnabas-hospice.org.uk/, if you would like to make a donation.

Best Wishes

Bernie McClean

PS, If anyone has any ideas on what to do with 100 kilts, he is open to suggestions. For example he has been in touch with the V&A Museum in London to see if they are interested, but to date they haven't replied.