X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanted to buy Black Barathea Silver Button Argyll jacket and waistcoat

I am interested in purchasing a black barathea silver-button Argyll jacket and waistcoat set. I'm size 46-48. Thanks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased my black Argyll jacket and waistcoat from Kilts4less.com. You might want to check here. I got mine delivered from Glasgow to Toronto in 3 days. I was very impressed with the customer service from them.

https://www.kilts4less.com/store/ex-hire-jackets/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo View Post
    I purchased my black Argyll jacket and waistcoat from Kilts4less.com. You might want to check here. I got mine delivered from Glasgow to Toronto in 3 days. I was very impressed with the customer service from them.

I have also been impressed with their level of customer service - and speed of delivery (getting things to Estonia in 2 days is no mean feat).

I have bought 2 tweed jackets from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imbrius View Post
    I am interested in purchasing a black barathea silver-button Argyll jacket and waistcoat set. I'm size 46-48. Thanks.
    I got mine from claymore imports in arizona. They carry Gaelic Themes jackets and regularly have ex rental jackets for sale.

Looks like the have a 48r available with gauntlet cuffs for $89:

https://claymoreimports.com/ex-renta...ffs-2-buttons/
    Descendant of the Gillises and MacDonalds of North Morar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone who posted. A fellow X-Marker graciously agreed to send me one that's been taking up space in his closet (and it is much appreciated!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious whether you got a 13-oz or 16-oz jacket and waistcoat. I'm leery of the 16-oz weight on a jacket and waistcoat that will primarily be worn indoors ...

Thoughts ...?

Many thanks!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktk1961 View Post
    I'm curious whether you got a 13-oz or 16-oz jacket and waistcoat. I'm leery of the 16-oz weight on a jacket and waistcoat that will primarily be worn indoors ...

Thoughts ...?

Many thanks!
    l honestly can't remember what weight they are, I think that would be a question for the vendor. My issue was that I had purchased a jacket and waistcoat for my nephew's wedding, but when it arrived I released it was sub par from an offshore vendor. I then found kilts4less and they got the new set tome in record time and in time for the wedding. I could have worn one of my tweeds however as the only other kilt wearers would be in black jackets with silver buttons I decided to follow suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    l honestly can't remember what weight they are, I think that would be a question for the vendor. My issue was that I had purchased a jacket and waistcoat for my nephew's wedding, but when it arrived I released it was sub par from an offshore vendor. I then found kilts4less and they got the new set tome in record time and in time for the wedding. I could have worn one of my tweeds however as the only other kilt wearers would be in black jackets with silver buttons I decided to follow suit.
    Thanks for the reply. The reason I ask is that they sell new jackets and waistcoats in either 13 oz or 16 oz weights. I wondered whether their exhire jackets and waistcoats also came in either weight. I'll send an email to Kilts4Less to inquire.

Thanks again.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktk1961 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The reason I ask is that they sell new jackets and waistcoats in either 13 oz or 16 oz weights. I wondered whether their exhire jackets and waistcoats also came in either weight. I'll send an email to Kilts4Less to inquire.

Thanks again.
    They did not have my size in ex hire so my set was brand new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did not have my size in ex hire so my set was brand new.
    Understood. Thanks.