X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contemporary kilts and the 2020 - 21 reality

So, with being "restricted in travel and social interaction" since mid-March 2020...

...how many of The Great Rabble are wearing contemporary kilts as part of being homebound / quarantined / restricted in travel?

Here, the half dozen 5-11 Tactical Duty Kilts purchased some years back are getting regular use, especially during the more temperate months.

They are made of the same material as (daily standard) cargo trousers and have a bunch of pockets and are not expensive, so getting food, "dirt," stains or "wear" is not really much of an issue.
    Last edited by James Hood; 31st January 21 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    especially during the more temperate months.

[/QUOTE]

How can you even MENTION "more temperate months" when we're shoveling out from 8" of snow here! I suspect you're not wearing your kilt while shoveling ... or are you?

;-)

Be safe and warm,

Kevin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 8 inches? We got over 10 here in the NW suburbs over the last 24.
    I have been kilted daily for 10 weeks straight, except for 1 day, since I got hiatused again in November. It may not be all day, but every day has become a kilt day. And now I gaze at the yards of poly-cotton destined to become kilts staring back at me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KnittedReenactor View Post
    Only 8 inches? We got over 10 here in the NW suburbs over the last 24.
    I have been kilted daily for 10 weeks straight, except for 1 day, since I got hiatused again in November. It may not be all day, but every day has become a kilt day. And now I gaze at the yards of poly-cotton destined to become kilts staring back at me...
    We ended up with at least 10 inches here, as well. And now the frigid cold will come ...

Kilted for 10 weeks straight! Wow. Good for you.

Best wishes,
    Kevin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have any utility kilts. But working from home day after day has me eyeing them. I think what really draws me in is the fact that when I work from home I have to sit most of the time, and I don’t don’t want to mess up those wonderful pleats. With a utility kilt I could still be in a kilt all day, and not worry about such issues. I’m curious to see what others have to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work in IT, and have worked from home most of the time for years (my home office setup for my job is much better than my work office setup). As such, I spend a lot of time throughout the day sitting. I don't really have any problems with the pleats on my USA Kilts casuals getting wrinkled. I wear them as just normal daily wear clothing, so I wear them a lot while I'm working. They're fine for that, and if there are any wrinkles at the end of the day, they fall out when I hang them up.

And they're also great for snowy days here in Michigan when paired with some nice warm hose.