Quote Originally Posted by James Hood View Post
Any current or former scale modelers out there in the Rabble?

As a lifelong (since age 6) scale modeler (mostly plastic kits and miniature figures), it was interesting to learn, some of the enforced staying-inside because of the covid plague...

...has resulted in an increase of interest in scale modeling.

Once a sort of rite of passage for many youth, the scale modeling pastime took severe "hits" in popularity in the last two decades because of the omnipresent cosmicnet, video games and magic portable phones, as life-time-sucks.

Interestingly, in the past 11 months, model kit and associated supplies there for are up.

Personally, 'am thrilled, some folks (from young to mature) are using their hands for something more creative than keying on or manipulating electronic devices...

...and possibly learning bits about aeronautics, nautical subjects, automotive "stuff," space (real and fictional) and most important, history.

('Have deliberately not mentioned model railroading, as that is a vast genre of scale modeling, in itself. Someone else can start a thread on this if desired.)
I make vintage horror models from the 1930s and I just recently made a model of KRAMPUS 1/4 scale. I need to fix the horns