X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: "It's alive"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It's alive"

or at least healed. The doctor told me I no longer had any restrictions (of course it was by phone and with just a picture so maybe..... no it's healed)
    Anyway while I was recuperating I did try to obey doctors orders. I only went out to oak glen twice and I only tried hiking once. I only did the top 3/4 of a mile and I was as slow as molasses going up hill in January (especially going up hill). My poor old dog was leaving me in the dust. I had to use knee wraps as no matter how hard I tried I couldn't I couldn't make the boot and the shoe even so it did bother my knees a little.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9828a800.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	39824
    On Saturday I went and hiked the whole trail tried some of the rocks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0047a800.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	39825
    It was alot of fun but the next morning my calves were really sore. While I did continue with a modified rock lifting routine I did mostly sit with my leg up the rest of the time so I guess the calves weren't use to the workout or the different angle that toe shoes create in walking as opposed to a boot and heightened shoe.

2. The Following 9 Users say 'Aye' to grizzbass For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and good health!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.