X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Thread: "It's alive"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It's alive"

or at least healed. The doctor told me I no longer had any restrictions (of course it was by phone and with just a picture so maybe..... no it's healed)
    Anyway while I was recuperating I did try to obey doctors orders. I only went out to oak glen twice and I only tried hiking once. I only did the top 3/4 of a mile and I was as slow as molasses going up hill in January (especially going up hill). My poor old dog was leaving me in the dust. I had to use knee wraps as no matter how hard I tried I couldn't I couldn't make the boot and the shoe even so it did bother my knees a little.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9828a800.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	39824
    On Saturday I went and hiked the whole trail tried some of the rocks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0047a800.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	39825
    It was alot of fun but the next morning my calves were really sore. While I did continue with a modified rock lifting routine I did mostly sit with my leg up the rest of the time so I guess the calves weren't use to the workout or the different angle that toe shoes create in walking as opposed to a boot and heightened shoe.

2. The Following 9 Users say 'Aye' to grizzbass For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and good health!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster, lover of God, people (most of them!) dogs, joy, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, traditionalist, bon-vivant, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.