X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I will be there at least on Saturday. It will be good to see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mael Coluim View Post
    The Grandfather Mountain Highland Games in North Carolina are planning to be held July 8 - 11. https://gmhg.org/

MacCallum Malcolm Clan Society is planning to hold its Annual General Meeting and celebrating its 50th Anniversary of its founding there. I'm going camping on the mountain!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madadh View Post
    My wife and I will be there at least on Saturday. It will be good to see you again.
    Looking forward to it, Rob!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Richard View Post
    So...since this is the thread about 2021 Games happening/not happening let me ask if anyone knows the status of

Ohio Scottish Games (Wellington). Their site has no information. No, really! None at all. It just says "under construction".
    I suspect the Ohio Games have been waiting for clear advice. Ohio recently revised its rules to allow large outdoor gatherings, with many restrictions. It would seem, though, that it's probably too late to organize an event of any size? (It's previously been scheduled for early June.) So I'd be surprised if it went forward, at least on its normal dates.

I can say with certainty that the lovely background photo on the site does not represent Wellington, Ohio, though
    When in doubt, end with a jig. - Robin McCauley

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchstone View Post

I can say with certainty that the lovely background photo on the site does not represent Wellington, Ohio
    Here ya go!

A lovely "village" with a very nice Highland Games.

My only disappointment was with the beer. Only one beer was sold throughout the venue, not a bad thing if it's decent beer, but no.

Armed with a cooler out in my car full of excellent IPA, and a capacious sporran, I did all right.
    Last edited by OC Richard; 19th April 21 at 07:06 AM.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to OC Richard For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richmond Highland Games

Received the following from the organisers of the Richmond Highland Games.

"We are holding the weekend of October 30-31 as the tentative dates for the 2021 Richmond Highland Games. Please understand that the event details still are not set in stone, so we have not opened registration just yet. We will send out another update ASAP as the plan becomes clearer, and we are sure that the public health conditions are such that we may proceed."

7. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Mael Coluim For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stone Mountain Games probable

Realized I have crossed threads - too sleepy at the time, I guess. Meant to post here that Stone Mountain volunteers meet-up is next Sat., so moving closer to reality. I posted in error in Colin's thread; he and I had had a conversation about volunteering at some point, maybe that glitched in my head. So, what it says there basically is if you haven't seen a big games, SMHG is
    a good one to see. Volunteers get free entrance, the more time, the more tix. Folk will come spend the week with us putting together, then enjoying, then dismantling. Meet great folk.

SO_ come see us, if you're comfortable with that. And, of course, provided it continues to be possible to pull it off this year.

Again, apologies for confusion. Probably won't be the last time, but hopefully the last time here.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    Realized I have crossed threads - too sleepy at the time, I guess. Meant to post here that Stone Mountain volunteers meet-up is next Sat., so moving closer to reality. I posted in error in Colin's thread; he and I had had a conversation about volunteering at some point, maybe that glitched in my head. So, what it says there basically is if you haven't seen a big games, SMHG is
    a good one to see. Volunteers get free entrance, the more time, the more tix. Folk will come spend the week with us putting together, then enjoying, then dismantling. Meet great folk.

SO_ come see us, if you're comfortable with that. And, of course, provided it continues to be possible to pull it off this year.

Again, apologies for confusion. Probably won't be the last time, but hopefully the last time here.
    No worries, tripleblessed. You've not erred. This thread is mainly just to let the Rabble know when a Highland Game is going post pandemic in holding a game. A new thread about a particular Game with who is attending, giving information on that game, meet ups, etc. would be appropriate. I remember my 2017 SMHG visit fondly and look forward to attending, again.

Montgomery Village, Maryland, near Washington, District of Columbia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virginia Scottish Games

It would appear the Virginia Scottish Games will be held September 4 & 5 at the usual location at The Plains, VA.
    Geoff Withnell

"My comrades, they did never yield, for courage knows no bounds."
    No longer subject to reveille US Marine.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Geoff Withnell For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here ya go!

My only disappointment was with the beer. Only one beer was sold throughout the venue, not a bad thing if it's decent beer, but no.

Armed with a cooler out in my car full of excellent IPA, and a capacious sporran, I did all right.
    The Ohio Scottish Games will be virtual this year, June 25-26.
    https://www.ohioscottishgames.com/
    When in doubt, end with a jig. - Robin McCauley

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here ya go!

Just noticed your comment on the one type of beer being available at these Games, OC. Well, here's a heads up. The Grandfather Mountain Games are held in a dry county and no beer will be sold. So come prepared and be discreet, my friend.
    Last edited by Mael Coluim; 31st May 21 at 04:09 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast