X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Steelkilt View Post
    The tartan name (from the USAkilts website) is: MM - CGE213

As for the reception, I’ve worn kilts infrequently over the last few years, and the reception is mixed. Many compliment, some make comments to deride, but the majority are either silent or appreciative. Expect the kilt to be a distraction the first time you wear it to class, but the effect dissipates with exposure to the garment. Confidence helps.

I’m also in CA, to the East of you in the Central Valley near Modesto, but I’d expect your reception would be close to my experience. That being said, I wore it to campus during our distance learning days to give the staff a chance to react before I broke it out for an on-campus day.

At the end of the day, I wouldn’t wear it if it were an ongoing distraction to learning, but that hasn’t been my experience.
    Thank you for your answer, it is very helpful and encouraging. I will post here what the response is if I get to do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelkilt View Post
    I’m also in CA, to the East of you in the Central Valley near Modesto, but I’d expect your reception would be close to my experience.
    Hey, shout out to the Central Valley! I grew up outside of Modesto, and attended the Central Valley games most years during the 90s-00s. Cool to see someone wearing highlandwear more casually out there!
    Last edited by KennethSime; 27th April 21 at 10:28 PM.

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to KennethSime For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethSime View Post
    Hey, shout out the the Central Valley! I grew up outside of Modesto, and attended the Central Valley games most years during the 90s-00s. Cool to see someone wearing highlandwear more casually out there!
    Hooray indeed! Where are you now?

I wore the same outfit after work (more casually with a henley shirt), and went to Best Buy in Modesto. I had to chuckle, some heads whipped around for a second look, but several people stopped me to say hello, compliment the kilt, and talk about those in their lives who wear it as well. Never a dull moment!
    Trying to avoid “looking like a refugee from a pantomime.” (hat tip Jock Scot)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234