X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    You could try MacGregor and MacDuff https://macgregorandmacduff.co.uk/co...x-hire-outfits - they have some ex-hire jackets for sale, but don't list the sizes - so you would need to contact them.

Kilts4Less has had some mixed reviews on here - mainly for their kilts and that some see their "ex-hire" stock as a sales ploy. My understanding is that they are both a supplier and a clearance house for the kilt industry. I have recently bought a couple of jackets from them (and have previously bought 2 others) - no issues at all with any of the items and their customer service and delivery times are fantastic.

They have 2 "ex-hire" grey twee jackets in 50R https://www.kilts4less.com/store/ex-hire-jackets/

And a navy tweed set - in 48R or 50R https://www.kilts4less.com/product/n...r-jacket-vest/
    I've seen the MacGregor and MacDuff jackets and I love them! Sadly, they're sold out of my size. I am considering that dark gray Kilts4Less jacket and vest. It's not exactly what I'm looking for but at the same time it's not too bad. The mixed reviews of Kilts4Less has also been a factor of causing me to hesitate. You've bought a few jackets from them? Were they ex-hire? How do they look and feel compared to other jackets?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakuda View Post
    You've bought a few jackets from them? Were they ex-hire? How do they look and feel compared to other jackets?
    Hi

I bought a grey tweed from them a few years ago - actually for my brother (for my wedding!!). He only told me about a week beforehand that his old jacket didn't fit and he would rather have a tweed jacket like mine. Super quick delivery and as we were unsure on the sizing and with a small window for him to exchange it if it didn't fit, they sent 2 sets on the basis he returned the one that didn't fit - and we only paid for one. The jacket is every bit as good as my own.

Last year, I bought a harris tweed jacket from them - which is great. I have posted pictures of it elsewhere on here and have no issues with either the quality or the fit.

More recently - I have actually bought 3 jackets from they were sold as clearance items for £50 each, a checked grey tweed, a Sherrifmuir and a Montrose. One is a little too small (but I took a gamble on this as it's a size smaller than I usually take), the other two are a perfect. None were specifically sold as ex-hire - but at the asking price to good to miss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    Hi

I bought a grey tweed from them a few years ago - actually for my brother (for my wedding!!). He only told me about a week beforehand that his old jacket didn't fit and he would rather have a tweed jacket like mine. Super quick delivery and as we were unsure on the sizing and with a small window for him to exchange it if it didn't fit, they sent 2 sets on the basis he returned the one that didn't fit - and we only paid for one. The jacket is every bit as good as my own.

Last year, I bought a harris tweed jacket from them - which is great. I have posted pictures of it elsewhere on here and have no issues with either the quality or the fit.

More recently - I have actually bought 3 jackets from they were sold as clearance items for £50 each, a checked grey tweed, a Sherrifmuir and a Montrose. One is a little too small (but I took a gamble on this as it's a size smaller than I usually take), the other two are a perfect. None were specifically sold as ex-hire - but at the asking price to good to miss
    Thanks for your reassurance. I went on ahead and purchased the dark gray jacket and vest from Kilts4Less. I'll let everyone know what I think once it gets here. My wedding outfit is almost together. I just need to grab a tie and shoes and those are easy enough to find locally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12