X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passing of a Member - aonghas

It is my sad duty to inform the members of XMarks that J.J. Charon, my friend, known here as Aonghas has passed on, the afternoon of Monday, March 30.

J-J as he was known to his friends was a fascinating guy; a machinist, a biker, and of mixed heritage (Mohawk, Scot, and otherwise) a lover of good scotch whisky, and an instructor in martial arts. He was always very hard on himself, much more so than was deserved in any way, shape or form.

J-J and I first met online here at XMarks, and he came to London, Canada where I live, for a successful heart transplant a couple of years back. Since then, he has been in slow and steady decline, and I have acted as his parish priest and contact here.

Please keep his wife Nicole and family in your prayers and hearts. He has gone home for the last time.

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/members/aonghas/
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry to read your sad news Bill, but thank you for letting us know, never an easy task. Your friend seemed a very nice chap.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    I am sorry to read your sad news Bill, but thank you for letting us know, never an easy task. Your friend seemed a very nice chap.
    Much, much nicer than he thought of himself. Thank you Jock.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is sad news Father Bill, my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to McMurdo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that Bill. Sounds like the world lost a good person.

Mike

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Mike in Dayton For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My deepest sympathy to his family and friends

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to John_Carrick For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Journey JJ

Chi-Miigwich ( thank you) Father Bill for the note and write up on JJ’s passing.....Being I’ve only recently returned to the fold here at XMTS, I had not gotten to reconnecting with JJ and now I am sad I could not before his passing. He was one of the few people here that we had a distant common bond, both being Indigenous Tribal Men, he of the Haudeenosaunee Confederacy ( Mohawk to be more precise), myself of the Shawnee and Anishinaabe People. We can many a lively discussion and sharing about the differences and similarities of our Tribal Families. I will remember fondly those moments.

Travel Well on this new Journey on the Star Road JJ...... we will be lifting prayers rising in the smoke, and drop tobacco for you JJ and your family.
    Father Bill, I would ask if you could Message me please, if you are attending his service.

Hawk ( on XMTS )
    MshkolahneeManito / SpiritHawk
    Shawnee / Anishinabe and Clan Colquhoun

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Father Bill, I would ask if you could Message me please, if you are attending his service.

Hawk ( on XMTS )
    MshkolahneeManito / SpiritHawk
    I'm not aware of any service, friend Hawk, and it would be a six hour drive or more now that he's gone home to his family, so I don't imagine I'll be there. I'll remember you if something changes.

13. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in touch with Aonghas' family today. Here is the link to his obituary. https://www.theoretbourgeois.com/mem...7/obituary.php

Hawk - You asked me for a picture. Here he is with his wife Nicole.

Last edited by Father Bill; 12th April 21 at 04:10 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Father Bill;1391913]I was in touch with Aonghas' family today. Here is the link to his obituary.

https://www.theoretbourgeois.com/mem...7/obituary.php

Hawk - You asked me for a picture. Here he is with his wife Nicole.

[/

QUOTE]

Father Bill ———- No link shown

Hawk
    Last edited by Father Bill; 12th April 21 at 04:10 AM.
    Shawnee / Anishinabe and Clan Colquhoun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast