X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Came through with Kilt socks

I ordered a pair of Lewis socks from USA kilts mid last week and when they finally showed up on Monday (post office delivered to the wrong house) they weren't the right brand. Called too late on monday but tues got a call from them. They sent out a replacement pair right away, and told me to keep the first pair, new ones showed up today. That's great customer service, I've got my good ones now for the Easter service and a good pair of socks for more everyday wear.
    Slight review, the colored kilt hose is longer then the Lewis, being 5'10" with 13" feet, the Lewis are just barely big enough and in the future I'd go the XL. But the pattern looks great and really shows up. The Colored hose is about the same thickness, longer but the pattern is definitely diffused around my calf. The Lewis are worth the price difference.
    Now I just need to make an appointment sometime towards summer and get the vest I want to match my kilt.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to derosa For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new hose! I agree 100%, quality hose are worth the increased price. Now that you've tried to Lewis hose, I'd encourage you to checkout the Reiver, Rannoch, and Harris hose offered by House of Cheviot.

Quick tip: I wear ultra thin merino wool running socks under my hose, so I can wear them a few times before washing - helps out a lot in helping the hose last longer, which matters when the hose are $50/pair.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to KennethSime For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethSime View Post
    Congrats on the new hose! I agree 100%, quality hose are worth the increased price. Now that you've tried to Lewis hose, I'd encourage you to checkout the Reiver, Rannoch, and Harris hose offered by House of Cheviot.

Quick tip: I wear ultra thin merino wool running socks under my hose, so I can wear them a few times before washing - helps out a lot in helping the hose last longer, which matters when the hose are $50/pair.
    Thank you thi s is fantastic advice