X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another daywear outfit, featuring a new kilt in Lochcarron's Niagara Tartan

167890805_10164876206105510_7041437515837627466_n.jpg

Happy Easter, rabble! Here's another take on daywear for me. The kilt is new, and so I thought I’d talk about that while I have your attention (and a glass of Scotch in my hand). 🙂

My Great Grandparents came over from Dundee in the 1890s or so and settled in Ontario before moving on to Upstate New York. To be real specific actually, they fell in love as teenagers in Dundee. When her family moved to New York, he tried to follow, but was denied entry into the US. He settled in Ontario, and they courted across Lake Ontario & the Niagara River. When they were old enough to marry, they did so in Canada, and whereupon he was finally granted US citizenship via marriage. It’s my favorite family love story.

Burnett's & Struth had their massive sale on in-stock tartan back in Feb, and I noticed they had this tartan in stock - even though I'd never seen it before, I couldn’t resist, and ordered up a 5-yard "casual" kilt. Needless to say, it appears anything but casual. Plenty of pleats in the back, and 16oz cloth from Lochcarron never fails to disappoint. The straps aren't quite as beefy as my 5-yard form USA Kilts, but then this was about half the price. I don’t particularly love blues, but I’m glad I took a chance on this one - the navy field is a nice change of pace from my other kilts. Further, this is probably the best-fitting kilt since my first I received as a teenager, which was measured by the kilt maker himself. I'm quite pleased with B&S.

The tie is new, also, from Ingles Buchan. It features small reproductions of the Fraser of Lovat clan crest on a navy field, and only cost me $10.00. I'm a sucker for good deals.

2. The Following 14 Users say 'Aye' to KennethSime For This Useful Post: