X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pictures seem to be limited lately

Perhaps Covids has kept people indoors and out of kilts (although and I have no statistical evidence to prove it my guess is covid would rather not have to fight a man in a kilt) and although I wear it as normal house wear I also don't take pictures of it (so I guess it doesn't happen).
    My wife and I went to oak glen both sat. and sun. this week partly because she felt a bit of nature would help with some anxiety with returning to in room teaching and partly because we are leading our grandkids on a virtual hike of the Appalachian trail and need to keep our numbers up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0742a800.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	277.0 KB 
ID:	39967
    This is my national park kilt. It is several years old, maybe a decade but has held up well. This is a close up of the apron. In addition the pocket flaps have some patches but they are more to honor heritage or patches like the Tardis and sasquatch

Name:	DSC_0742a.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	39968
    This was a root hollow. Maybe the entrance to the world of wee folk.

Name:	DSC_3162_00001a.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	39969
    This was a piece of root (that mysteriously rolled down the hill after my wife went up to look at it and hit me. I need to keep an eye on one of these two)

Name:	a piece of a root.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	136.5 KB 
ID:	39970
    I don't know what this is (disease, injury etc) but it was an interesting pattern in the bark

Name:	very interesting pattern.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	316.6 KB 
ID:	39971

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to grizzbass For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed the covid has been a factor as there simply haven't been the usual kilted occasions. Last time I wore a kilt was a day out to Edinburgh last September, and I have not been out of my local area or dined out since then. However the restrictions are now being eased here in Scotland so hopefully I will be going kilted again soon. It seems a shame to have a row of kilts hanging in a closet and never being worn.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kilt being to me a casual-first thing means that Corona has had no or little influence on my kilt wearing: Only where I have been wearing it has changed. I have not been abroad for over a year, except for a few days last Autumn in Sweden. And museums and art galleries have been closed, and so have concert halls and opera houses, where I would have worn a kilt (dressed-up).

But being around in the neighborhood, along the sea, in the woods, on the hills, and grocery shopping has been the same, meaning practically every day.
    Greg

Kilted for comfort, difference, look, variety and versatility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wear my kilts around the house quite frequently, since I wear them as just plain ol' everyday clothing. But I have several medical conditions which make mask-wearing nearly impossible for more than a few minutes at a time without triggering an asthma attack, a migraine, or both. (Asthma and food allergies mean my throat's about the size of a pencil on a good day, and the restriction in breathing closes it down worse, which causes more restriction, which closes it down worse in a vicious cycle. Inhaler sort of helps but not much. The whole "quit your whining, wear a mask, it's not that hard" thing gets really insulting when you're in a position like this. The last time I had to wear one for about half an hour, it took me about three days for my lungs to open back up and get over the migraine.) Because of that, I've been largely confined to right around my house for over a year now. I've already had COVID and am not worried about getting it again, but I can't really go anywhere due to mask requirements on everything from outdoor events to bathrooms. So not a whole lot of interesting places to take a picture.

Really hoping we can get past this whole thing soon.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always happy to see you have a new thread. Thanks. I don't own a phone or a camera, so no pics from me. Kilt wearing unchanged in this, bluegrass jams and farmers
    markets at a minimum, so at least 3 times a week, sometimes more. No longer working, so some days I don't leave the house.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's kind of me

Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    I'm always happy to see you have a new thread. Thanks. I don't own a phone or a camera, so no pics from me. Kilt wearing unchanged in this, bluegrass jams and farmers
    markets at a minimum, so at least 3 times a week, sometimes more. No longer working, so some days I don't leave the house.
    Even as we are getting 200,000,000 vaccines opera won't be back for a long time because 6 feet between each person in the audience means no real revenue from tickets. The orchestra will be reduced to a third and staging will be a nightmare. (Tosca stabbing Scarpio from 6 feet away, Romeo passionately blowing kisses to Juliet on the balcony etc)
    I am excited for when it returns and have worked out the voice during this time pretty well. Maybe even better than normal as I don't have any memorizing to do or rehearsals to go to so simply pay attention to technique. It will be sad the one company I worked the most for lost it's musical director who moved away and the artistic director has suffered huge health problems and will not be in any condition to reopen the company.