X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Resizing Order

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resizing Order

Hallo,

I would like to have two kilts resized. They're both a bit large for me as I've been successfully dieting to lose weight. One is an eight-yard from USA Kilts (the "Scottish-Made Kilt" promotion) and the other is a five-yard from J. Higgins.

How would I go about placing a "work order" for such an adjustment? Would I have to refer the five-yard to its original maker for such service? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imbrius View Post
    Hallo,

I would like to have two kilts resized. They're both a bit large for me as I've been successfully dieting to lose weight. One is an eight-yard from USA Kilts (the "Scottish-Made Kilt" promotion) and the other is a five-yard from J. Higgins.

How would I go about placing a "work order" for such an adjustment? Would I have to refer the five-yard to its original maker for such service? Thanks!
    Any kilt maker should be able to do this. The important part is ensuring correct re-measurements. I had mine done, the shop I purchased it from, re-measured, and sent it back to Lochcarron, as they had no staff for alterations.

Robert MacDonald, used to be a somewhat active member, many moons ago. He has a great Youtube channel showing the process.

Frank
    Drink to the fame of it -- The Tartan!
    Murdoch Maclean