X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got drunk on whisky once and can't actually drink it these days, but smelling it causes my sensitive senses to go into overdrive.

One of the attendees at the folkclub in waiting at the moment is a whisky collector, and has many different types, some only mildly reactive others possibly illegal under the Geneva Convention.

The other people at the club drink the various types in reverential silence - I don't know how they manage that.

Anne the Pleater
    I presume to dictate to no man what he shall eat or drink or wherewithal he shall be clothed."
    -- The Hon. Stuart Ruaidri Erskine, The Kilt & How to Wear It, 1901.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it funny when this distillery or that distillery suggest anything other than drinking their malt as it is - or with a wee drop of water - and are then met with outrage and condemnation by the whisky snobs (kilt kops seeking another outlet).

Sure drink it how YOU like - but let others do the same.

I can't recall who exactly - but I recently saw one distillery get a kicking on social media for daring to suggest their malt makes a great whisky sour. Meanwhile, Auchentoshan regularly push the envelope with ways to enjoy their products https://www.auchentoshan.com/cocktails/auchentoshan-ale - usually to much consternation - and Talisker produce a campfire hot chocolate kit:

Now while I personally, I enjoy my whisky with a little water, I am not adverse to adding it to my Horlicks, making a hot toddy or even using it in cooking - I make a very nice whiskey and cream sauce for steaks and my Bramble & Whisky jam goes down a treat at the farmers' market.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    I find it funny when this distillery or that distillery suggest anything other than drinking their malt as it is - or with a wee drop of water - and are then met with outrage and condemnation by the whisky snobs (kilt kops seeking another outlet).

Sure drink it how YOU like - but let others do the same.

I can't recall who exactly - but I recently saw one distillery get a kicking on social media for daring to suggest their malt makes a great whisky sour. Meanwhile, Auchentoshan regularly push the envelope with ways to enjoy their products https://www.auchentoshan.com/cocktails/auchentoshan-ale - usually to much consternation - and Talisker produce a campfire hot chocolate kit:

Now while I personally, I enjoy my whisky with a little water, I am not adverse to adding it to my Horlicks, making a hot toddy or even using it in cooking - I make a very nice whiskey and cream sauce for steaks and my Bramble & Whisky jam goes down a treat at the farmers' market.
    Drink the whisky. Toss the chocolate over your shoulder into the bushes (or give it to a bairn).
    Those ancient U Nialls from Donegal were a randy bunch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ashton View Post
    My wife loves the taste of single malt. I describe it as licking a telephone pole.

Let the sparks fly.
    It’s all a matter of individual taste Steve. I recall your comment at a Kilt Kamp, after tasting the bottle I brought, but some of us enjoy the taste of
    “Smoky burny” ( present fave being Smoke Head ;0)
    waulk softly and carry a big schtick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12