X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A note of thanks

Hello to all –

I have been a reader of this forum for some time, and appreciate all the wisdom, wit, candor and experience contained herein.
    The purpose of this post is to simply give thanks for and positive reference to three businesses and the people with whom it has been a pleasure to interact.
    First, kiltmaker Hazel Stewart, who has been making kilts for a number of years having learned from her mother Ann Stewart, a professional kiltmaker for some 60 years. Hazel has been a treat to work with, and I count myself fortunate to have found such a delightful and skilled kiltmaker near my home. The picture below is the kilt (my first) Hazel made for me a few years ago. For the record, I am not a general fan of mixing motorcycles and kilts, however, this was an annual short charity ride for a worthy cause and distinguished attire is always de rigueur.

Secondly, a note of gratitude to figheadair for all his contributions to this forum. Additionally, for his recent commission of Old Stewart Tartan in the 1819 Wilsons colors, and for making the tartan available for sale. The fabric is nothing short of spectacular, with rich colors, an almost silk-like hand and finely detailed herringbone selvedge. The photo below does not do the colors justice but does show the intricate selvedge.

Finally, a nod of appreciation to Zoe and Ant at The Kilt Experience. I recently commissioned a custom sporran inspired by (but not a copy of) one sometimes worn by the Duke of Rothesay. The process of design and the selection of construction techniques and leathers were collaborative and a genuine pleasure. Combining a mix of emails and virtual meetings allowed a bespoke experience that exceeded expectations. These are genuinely pleasant folks dedicated to their crafts and to their customers.

In these challenging times it is a valued pleasure do business directly with skilled craftspeople and artisans such as the ones mentioned above, all of whom I felt compelled to thank and compliment.

Best regards and thanks,
    Joel
    Last edited by Steve Ashton; 1st July 21 at 11:59 AM.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to PassingW For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice post (but I don’t see the pictures ).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemuragh View Post
    Nice post (but I don’t see the pictures ).
    That’s what we’re trying to figure out! Anybody else?
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any help with the pictures is most welcomed and appreciated.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As we work through the photo issue may I suggest, that you contact or reach out to both Hazel Stewart and The Kilt Experience, and invite them to join and participate in our community.
    Quality kiltmakers and suppliers are always welcome on X Marks. If this community knows of them, our history has proven that their businesses get more, focused, exposure than by any other venue.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion Steve and I have already reached out to Hazel as well as to Zoe and Ant at The Kilt Experience. I am happy to connect anyone with these people upon request.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's at least one of the pictures PassingW has been trying to post. Not sure why they haven't come through yet.

I'm searching for the other with no luck so far.
    Last edited by Father Bill; 25th June 21 at 02:36 PM.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.