X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Having seconds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having seconds

This weekend, I'll officiate a wedding for the second time while kilted, which is another way of saying I'll officiate a wedding for the second time. The first time, a few years back, was the final kick in the, er... pants?... for me to join the kilted legions, as kilts were required for all gentlemen (and the other men, too) in attendance.

These friends are a bit more "hippie" than the last couple, so I'll likely dispense with formal regalia. Have put in an order to USAK for a brown belt and kilt belt buckle to replace the toolbag belt and leftover biker belt that I've used for casual wear so far. With brown brogues, a brown hunting sporran, and an "Irish grandfather shirt" (also from Rocky's brigade), it should suffice for a private wedding site overlooking the mighty Columbia River, given the requirement of earth-themed nuptials flavored with Robert MacFarlane readings.

Their wedding license is late and may not be in place by the date, but paperwork is just details. It's the party that's the thing. I'll bring along a decent toast for the the groom and blushing bride, for surely a man's reach must exceed his grasp, or what's a quaich for?

Cheers,

Jack
    Ry'n ni yma o hyd, er gwaethaf pawb a phopeth.

2. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Taffy Jack For This Useful Post: