X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Hampshire Highland Games 2021

A scaled back version of the New Hampshire Highland Games will be held September 17-19, 2021 in Lincoln, NH
    Attendance has been limited to 5,000 (normally 15-25,000) each day and tickets are sold out.

I will once again be hosting the Buchanan Clan Tent in the clan village. I usually sponsor an XMarks Meet Up which I'm will to do again.
    I'm just not sure how many of the rabble will be attending.

If you plan to go, let me know and we will schedule a time. Or feel free to just stop by and say hello!

CTBuchanan
    President, Clan Buchanan Society International

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to ctbuchanan For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fond memories of meeting you at the NH Games eleven years ago, can it really be so long past?
    I hope you have a successful event and look forward to seeing some photos.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you - yes it was good to meet you as well and it is hard to believe it was 2010!

Steve Cunningham was back to New Hampshire this year and it was good to see him again.

The event was good with excellent weather!

David
    President, Clan Buchanan Society International

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although it was a nice event, it certainly lacked the energy of previous years. I missed the band competitions and the "full" gathering of the clans and pipes. I understand why they limited attendance -- and I'm glad I got to attend!

I hope the "car load" admission was a one off event, though. It's very inconvenient for couples. We were fortunate to find someone who needed to "fill" a car -- but it creates logistical hassles when different parties have to travel together (with different agendas and time tables). I would trade the inconvenience of the shuttle bus to remote parking for the ability to park at the venue -- especially if you want to leave before your ride is ready!

All in all, I'm glad the games went on and it was worth dealing with the changes just to have a little Highland spirit again!

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Navy87Guy For This Useful Post: