X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More kilts in evidence Southern England

Life is slowly returning - not as it was, but something is stirring again.
    I have been to several events with music and dance and noted that there were several tartan kilts, but a whole lot more black kilts on dancers and musicians.
    I was wearing a long black kilt, and spotted a young female musician in a rather shorter one - but things were very busy and as I had my hands full of melodeon for most of my schedule, which started at 9:30 and went on for 12 hours, there are, alas, no pictures.

It could be that the terrific top daytime temperatures we have been working up to have made the kilt more appealing than trousers particularly for the dancers during the last couple of decades.
    There are a couple more events planned this year, then there will be a pause until next year, when the weather improves again, so I will try to get photos. There will be more people coming back to join the band - I was playing all alone for much of the day, though one will not be back, and one has long covid and can only come out for a few hours at a time.

Anne the Pleater
    I presume to dictate to no man what he shall eat or drink or wherewithal he shall be clothed."
    -- The Hon. Stuart Ruaidri Erskine, The Kilt & How to Wear It, 1901.

2. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to Pleater For This Useful Post: