X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two ordering questions.

1. Does USA Kilts offer a discount to this forums membership? I haven’t seen anything about it so I assume no, but it never hurts to ask

2. If I were to order a casual kilt, and pay the rush fee, could I realistically have it by Christmas if I ordered it on December 1st/2nd? If not, what’s the latest order date for realistic pre-Christmas delivery?

Whatever the answers to my questions, I’m very much looking forward to wearing my new casual kilt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM sent in regard to your first question.

Cheers,

SM
    Shaun Maxwell
    Vice President & Texas Commissioner
    Clan Maxwell Society

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to ShaunMaxwell For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted2000 View Post
    1. Does USA Kilts offer a discount to this forums membership? I haven’t seen anything about it so I assume no, but it never hurts to ask

2. If I were to order a casual kilt, and pay the rush fee, could I realistically have it by Christmas if I ordered it on December 1st/2nd? If not, what’s the latest order date for realistic pre-Christmas delivery?

Whatever the answers to my questions, I’m very much looking forward to wearing my new casual kilt.
    I can't answer either of your questions, but I would recommend you give them a call or shoot them an email for a quicker response. I think Rocky does check this forum occasionally, but I wouldn't count on it if you're in a rush.

Let us know if you find out about that discount!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a handy "secret" discount page (not specific)

https://www.usakilts.com/usa-kilts-coupon-codes

I recently ordered ordered from them with the discount, good deal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely give them a call to confirm their current timing. Here's my experience in summer 2020: at that time, the schedule for a traditionally stitched 8 yarder was 8-12 weeks, and the kilt arrived in 5. That was peak COVID lockdown time, and not a holiday season, so your mileage may vary. A year ago I special-ordered a waistcoat, promised in 6-10 weeks; it was delivered in 8 days (but I assume their supplier happened to have my size in stock). Every in-stock item I've ordered has been shipped the same day. So I think you can count on them meeting or exceeding any schedule they sign up to.
    When in doubt, end with a jig. - Robin McCauley

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, unfortunately, we don't have any special discounts for any forums.

We're currently at 3 weeks on Casual rushes, but the post office's delivery times are the wild card. If you need it before Xmas the sooner you place the order, the less chance for disappointment. I think that's going to be true across the board with ALL retailers this holiday season. :-)

8. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to RockyR For This Useful Post: