X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely seeing all these!
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    Proud Member of Clan Macpherson!
    "Touch not the cat bot a glove"

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to OKSooner For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richrail View Post
    I've been buying Estate pipes off ebay, and cleaning and sanitizing them. I'm an aromatic smoker, my favorite is Sutliff Vanilla Custard. I also enjoy the cherry blends like Blood Red Moon. I also have a number of blends from Cult tobacco. I think I've only purchased 3 new pipes of the 15 I have.

Attachment 40940 Here's a few.
    I have a tin of Blood Red Moon that my in-laws bought me a few Christmases ago. I ought to open it this Christmas!

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to imbrius For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to smoke Erinmore in my pipe particularly when I was fishing. There was an added bonus that the smoke helped keep some of the midges away. Sadly, two bouts of Lymes Disease changed my sense of taste and now I no longer smoke. Do I miss it? Sometimes.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    I used to smoke Erinmore in my pipe particularly when I was fishing. There was an added bonus that the smoke helped keep some of the midges away. Sadly, two bouts of Lymes Disease changed my sense of taste and now I no longer smoke. Do I miss it? Sometimes.
    I have an unopened tin of Erinmore flake, still. I did enjoy it but for some reason, never came back to it after my first tin ran out, unlike the McClelland blends.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My latest acquisitions.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pipes2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	267.6 KB 
ID:	40957
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.' Benjamin Franklin

8. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Richrail For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    I used to smoke Erinmore. I should try it again. Thanks for the reminder.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I smoke a pipe when I can, which isn’t often. I prefer English blends that are light in VAs. For some reason, VAs make my head spin a bit.

I really miss the MacClelland Frog Morton series, specifically On the Town and haven’t found one that I like a whole lot yet.

I’ll sometimes get a bulk blend called Burley English from my local B&M shop, but haven’t bought some of that in years.

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to YOJiMBO20 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YOJiMBO20 View Post
    I smoke a pipe when I can, which isn’t often. I prefer English blends that are light in VAs. For some reason, VAs make my head spin a bit.

I really miss the MacClelland Frog Morton series, specifically On the Town and haven’t found one that I like a whole lot yet.

I’ll sometimes get a bulk blend called Burley English from my local B&M shop, but haven’t bought some of that in years.
    Hi.

I have no idea what VAs are, nor a B&M shop. I bet there are a lot of others here with the same problem. Is it a secret code?
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    Hi.

I have no idea what VAs are, nor a B&M shop. I bet there are a lot of others here with the same problem. Is it a secret code?
    Sorry. VAs are Virginias (a type of tobacco) and B&M is a Brick and Mortar shop, as opposed to an online shop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YOJiMBO20 View Post
    Sorry. VAs are Virginias (a type of tobacco) and B&M is a Brick and Mortar shop, as opposed to an online shop.
    Ah yes. Thank you. The constant failing of initials beneath words.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12