X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Product Review : Women's Cotton Half Slip used as an "Underkilt."

Old timers may recall I'm a fan of "underkilts" - essentially a cotton half slip worn under the kilt to protect the kilt while maintaining FREEDOM that bifurcated underwear does not allow.

For years hunted down sources and found a few to supply my needs. Then I lost the 100lbs and now they no longer fit.

So went hunting again to no avail until I thought, "Why not a woman's cotton half slip?" Turns out I found one on Amazon and risked ordering it for $14.

It arrived to day. Most impressed. Nice cotton fabric, but functionally thin...won't add weight. Workmanship was there. I Guessed correctly on my waist size. Selected the 16" length since I wear 21" kilts.

No interest in promoting this product. Just in sharing a potential resource for those with a similar interest if both kilt protection and FREEDOM.

Link says out of stock, that's because I was impressed enough to order the last 3 in black in my size. But your size may be different.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BF3YHW9...roduct_details
    Last edited by Riverkilt; 19th November 21 at 09:54 PM.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Riverkilt For This Useful Post: