X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do i actually post photos?

I’ve tried to follow the instructions on here for posting photos, including the step by step pictural version. But when I try to edit my post the add image button gives different options than in the instructions. There is no button called 'Upload Files.'
    Tha mi uabhasach sgith gach latha.
    “A man should look as if he has bought his clothes (kilt) with intelligence, put them (it) on with care, and then forgotten all about them (it).” Paraphrased from Hardy Amies
    Proud member of the Clans Urquhart and MacKenzie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted2000 View Post
    I’ve tried to follow the instructions on here for posting photos, including the step by step pictural version. But when I try to edit my post the add image button gives different options than in the instructions. There is no button called 'Upload Files.'
    Select "Insert Image" button on menu bar

This opens a pop-up

Choose "From Computer" in the pop-up menu - this opens a new window, select the file you want to add from this window and click open - the pop-up window menu will then show the file you have chosen (where it previously said No file chosen) - underneath this hit Upload File(s). Your image should then be added to your post.
    Last edited by Tomo; 26th November 21 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    Select "Insert Image" button on menu bar

This opens a pop-up

Choose "From Computer" in the pop-up menu - this opens a new window, select the file you want to add from this window and click open - the pop-up window menu will then show the file you have chosen (where it previously said No file chosen) - underneath this hit Upload File(s). Your image should then be added to your post.
    Whenever I do that I get a message saying my file is invalid.
    “A man should look as if he has bought his clothes (kilt) with intelligence, put them (it) on with care, and then forgotten all about them (it).” Paraphrased from Hardy Amies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try a smaller jpg file. It sometimes works better for me that way.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to post jpeg and png files.

If the format is OK it could be a slow upload speed (I have had less trouble since switching broadband provider) or simply down to the size of the file. Although I think I just get a message that the file failed to upload rather than it being invalid.

Two quick ways I have found to reduce the size are to take a screen shot and use that, or to use files I have previously uploaded to facebook or similar as they are automatically compressed or optimised for websites - rather than uploading the full size files from my macbook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    I tend to post jpeg and png files.

If the format is OK it could be a slow upload speed (I have had less trouble since switching broadband provider) or simply down to the size of the file. Although I think I just get a message that the file failed to upload rather than it being invalid.

Two quick ways I have found to reduce the size are to take a screen shot and use that, or to use files I have previously uploaded to facebook or similar as they are automatically compressed or optimised for websites - rather than uploading the full size files from my macbook.
    I’m usually on my iPad or phone instead of my laptop. Would this work for these devices as well?