X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time question

The day I have been waiting for has arrived. I just received the email telling me that my candy order has shipped and includes a casual kilt as well as some kilt related accessories. How can I speed up time so that the delivery date arrives faster?😎 btw we here at Xmarks and K&C need to advocate for a kilt emoji.
    Tha mi uabhasach sgith gach latha.
    “A man should look as if he has bought his clothes (kilt) with intelligence, put them (it) on with care, and then forgotten all about them (it).” Paraphrased from Hardy Amies
    Proud member of the Clans Urquhart and MacKenzie.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to kilted2000 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted2000 View Post
    btw we here at Xmarks and K&C need to advocate for a kilt emoji.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    Where can I to find these kilted fruits?
    “A man should look as if he has bought his clothes (kilt) with intelligence, put them (it) on with care, and then forgotten all about them (it).” Paraphrased from Hardy Amies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can I to find these kilted fruits?
    When you post, it's almost at the right end of the first row of style buttons above the window where you compose your message.

or just type 'kd' between two colons; 'piper' between colons for the other one I've added here.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    When you post, it's almost at the right end of the first row of style buttons above the window where you compose your message.

or just type 'kd' between two colons; 'piper' between colons for the other one I've added here.
    Thanks! I'll I still say there should be an official Apple and Android kilt emoji available.

9. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to kilted2000 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats!

The anticipation is hard to deal with. On the plus side, you'll get some relief soon!

Which tartan did you go with?

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to KennethSime For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethSime View Post

Which tartan did you go with?
    Scottish national tartan. I'm an Urquhart, but I already have a kilt in that tartan. I've lost it somehow because I'm returning to kilts after several years and I seem to have misplaced it in the interim. After looking at all the possible options, returning to kilts could get expensive.😄

13. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to kilted2000 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can I speed up time so that the delivery date arrives faster?��
    Many items in the kilting world come under the heading "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it". In a similar vein, asking the above question reveals you haven't been read into
    that project yet. A polite query to the appropriate desk at the specified agency indicates this activity may be above either your pay grade or your clearance level. For your convenience,
    I have requested that the appropriate forms be forwarded to your email; if they have not arrived within three weeks, this project may be considered outside your current scope of
    operational capacity, but MAY include the proper paperwork. In this case, submit in triplicate, properly coded. A 60 day waiting period is allowed to examine your readiness.

Good luck, and happy kilting.

Of course, by that time, your kilt will have arrived.
    Last edited by tripleblessed; 9th December 21 at 06:54 AM.

15. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The day I have been waiting for has arrived. I just received the email telling me that my candy order has shipped and includes a casual kilt as well as some kilt related accessories. How can I speed up time so that the delivery date arrives faster?😎 btw we here at Xmarks and K&C need to advocate for a kilt emoji.
    The answer is obvious really. What you should have done is order your kilt attire three months earlier, then you would have it now.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

17. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    The answer is obvious really. What you should have done is order your kilt attire three months earlier, then you would have it now.
    Actually the estimated delivery date of Monday, December 13th was updated to Friday, December 10th. So I did find a way to speed up time. 😎

19. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to kilted2000 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast