X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website
Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customer Service

I had a few hiccups with clan.com. One involved the scaling of a tartan, ie the sett size was adjusted differently on two different weavings. It appears nick came through. I do not want to go into details, but I ended up putting in an order for a kilt that I really did not need with a corrected sett pattern.

Clan.com and Dalgliesh confirmed the details of the tartan. I matched it against a previous kilt.

Today, I got notice that an order that I was not expecting until March, was shipped today. I hope that I am not jumping the gun. Because of the time of the year, I may not get it for up to a week. US customs may charge more on import duty than clan.com and Dalgliesh claims in overall profit.

Most of the kilts that I acquired from clan.com are machine sewn. I think they are pretty well constructed. None are top stitched as far as the pleating etc, is concerned.

I also just received a shipment where I changed the shade of 1 color in a different tartan. The weave as far as sett size etc, matched exactly except for the 1 shade of blue.
    Last edited by AustinDiver; 24th December 21 at 12:49 AM.