X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customer Service

I had a few hiccups with clan.com. One involved the scaling of a tartan, ie the sett size was adjusted differently on two different weavings. It appears nick came through. I do not want to go into details, but I ended up putting in an order for a kilt that I really did not need with a corrected sett pattern.

Clan.com and Dalgliesh confirmed the details of the tartan. I matched it against a previous kilt.

Today, I got notice that an order that I was not expecting until March, was shipped today. I hope that I am not jumping the gun. Because of the time of the year, I may not get it for up to a week. US customs may charge more on import duty than clan.com and Dalgliesh claims in overall profit.

Most of the kilts that I acquired from clan.com are machine sewn. I think they are pretty well constructed. None are top stitched as far as the pleating etc, is concerned.

I also just received a shipment where I changed the shade of 1 color in a different tartan. The weave as far as sett size etc, matched exactly except for the 1 shade of blue.
    Last edited by AustinDiver; 24th December 21 at 12:49 AM.