X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christmas Kilt T-shirts!

My wife, knowing my humorous demeanor, procured for me a couple of t shirts for casual kilt wear.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6C93720-9CD0-4C8E-9ACE-18DB58099CBE.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	41114

Name:	C6713AEE-960F-4969-9F5E-C583122A8E45.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	41115

So, lads n lasses, show off your humorous kilt wear for those lighter-hearted days!

2. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to Recon1342 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I showed the post above to Mrs Jock. After the gales of laughter at the thought of me ever wearing a T shirt kilted or otherwise was way beyond her comprehension! Beyond mine also, if truth be known. I know the younger generation like to kick the fashion traces, as they should, but I am afraid T shirts are not for me under any circumstances. Mrs Jock said so!
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

4. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    I showed the post above to Mrs Jock. After the gales of laughter at the thought of me ever wearing a T shirt kilted or otherwise was way beyond her comprehension! Beyond mine also, if truth be known. I know the younger generation like to kick the fashion traces, as they should, but I am afraid T shirts are not for me under any circumstances. Mrs Jock said so!
    ... but excellent to the point of de rigeur when tossing cabers or doing a tug-o-war.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    ... but excellent to the point of de rigeur when tossing cabers or doing a tug-o-war.
    I think my days of ever tossing a caber are long past. Actually, I have never even tried. In my youth, I took part in a few impromptu but not serious tug of war matches, where we took off our jackets, ties and waistcoats and let our tattersall shirts, kilts etc., and whatever we wore on our feet, be the attire of the moment.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

8. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    I think my days of ever tossing a caber are long past. Actually, I have never even tried. In my youth, I took part in a few impromptu but not serious tug of war matches, where we took off our jackets, ties and waistcoats and let our tattersall shirts, kilts etc., and whatever we wore on our feet, be the attire of the moment.
    Workday clothing for me consists of trousers/button down shirts. I enjoy my t-shirts, especially when out hiking/ tromping through the boonies. Here in Southern Idaho, summertime temps are commonly at or above 35C. I hope you both have had a very Happy Christmas!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife got me this tea towel (of all things) for Christmas. I had to ask her if it was custom-made, it was so perfect for me (I realize that many of you, if not all, will disagree with the second part; also that the first part will have a different meaning for some of our UK brethren.)

Name:	pants.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	41116

And a belated happy Christmas to all.
    When in doubt, end with a jig. - Robin McCauley

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Touchstone For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our first Christmas together, my now-fiancée gifted me a tank top which reads: "Clan Fraser - Making Trouble Since the Middle Ages."

Now, I normally wouldn't wear something so campy, but because it's a gift form her I love it. Helps that it has a bit of Fraser Red tartan on it!

13. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to KennethSime For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tops off!

I've never been a fan of pictures of bare chested men in kilts, though almost inevitably someone sends me a calendar of them every year. Personally I don't see the attraction.

Yesterday I had to go for a shoulder X-ray and was asked to take my top off. I emerged from the changing room in my kilt but topless to lots of oohs and aahs from the female radiologists in the X-ray Department, which took me completely by surprise.

Now if a near 75 year old can get that reaction, I can only imagine the reaction younger, fitter members of the kilted community might get. I even persuaded one of the radiologists to get a kilt for her husband, which she seemed more than happy to do.

You'll be pleased to see there was no picture on this occasion.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

15. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tpa For This Useful Post: