X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website
Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phoenix Scottish Games 2022?

I was looking at their site

https://phoenixscottishgames.com/

and wondering what the chances are that this event will happen.

The last Games I attended were in February 2020. Two years!

So I'm looking for Games within driving distance of California to attend.

If any of you have information about the Phoenix Games (other than what's on that website) I would be interested to hear about it. Have you attended these Games in the past? Are you one of the organisers? Do you plan to attend in 2022?

Thanks!
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up. New location is a bit farther...but haven't been in years...a long drive often with a mountain of snow en route and the expense of lodging. Mostly posting so I can follow the thread. We've had some good XMarks rendezvous there. Think these pics are from abound 2007 & 2008 when Retro Red was still with us. RIP.

Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

I have a hotel booked, I'll be at the Tattoo Friday night and at the Games all day Saturday.

I have a sister north of Phoenix and a sibling get-together will be a welcome feature of the weekend.

About hotels, the Gilbert ones have nearly doubled their prices for that weekend (whether due to the Games or some other event I don't know) so I'm staying in Chandler.

On the Games' Facebook page there are people in Phoenix saying they won't attend the Games because they're too far away now. Being that I'm driving in from California I find that astonishing.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I well remember dating when I was living in West Phoenix - Deer Valley. Ladies on the east side of town thought I was "geographically undesirable" because I lived too far from them.

I only have a 5 hour drive but it involves a potential snow challenge coming over Flagstaff... So we'll track the weather and see.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."