X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanted: US size 56R/58R jacket

I'm looking for a kilt jacket for GOS* such as myself. I wear a US-sized 56 or 58r saxon jacket. I would prefer a jacket with a matching vest/waistcoat but it is not a deal breaker. eBay only has Pakistani jackets in this size. I have bought a jacket from USAK but the shoulders were too large for my sloping shoulders.

*GOS-Gentleman of Substance
    Tha mi uabhasach sgith gach latha.
    “A man should look as if he has bought his clothes (kilt) with intelligence, put them (it) on with care, and then forgotten all about them (it).” Paraphrased from Hardy Amies
    Proud member of the Clans Urquhart and MacKenzie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted2000 View Post
    I'm looking for a kilt jacket for GOS* such as myself. I wear a US-sized 56 or 58r saxon jacket. I would prefer a jacket with a matching vest/waistcoat but it is not a deal breaker. eBay only has Pakistani jackets in this size. I have bought a jacket from USAK but the shoulders were too large for my sloping shoulders.

*GOS-Gentleman of Substance
    I think it would help if you could tell us what style of jacket your looking for(argyle, Regimental dublet, PC(Prince Charlie) ), what material it’s made of (tweed or berathea) and what colour you want it to help you nerrow down the jacket of your choice.
    Clan Logan Representative of Ontario
    https://www.instagram.com/clanlogan_ontario_canada/ (that's where i post my blogs)
    https://www.tiktok.com/@clan_logan_ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Logan View Post
    I think it would help if you could tell us what style of jacket your looking for(argyle, Regimental dublet, PC(Prince Charlie) ), what material it’s made of (tweed or berathea) and what colour you want it to help you nerrow down the jacket of your choice.
    Any and all of the above.
    “A man should look as if he has bought his clothes (kilt) with intelligence, put them (it) on with care, and then forgotten all about them (it).” Paraphrased from Hardy Amies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Prince Charlie and vest here; the size number isn't marked, but it's for a 53 1/2" chest. What size would that measure up to? Like new. $210 CDN
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MacGregor and MacDuff, a respected Highland Dress shop in Scotland, has ex-hire Argyll jackets up on Ebay for a very good price in a wide range of sizes including 56R

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15364167531...oAAOSw3aBiFjBY
    Last edited by OC Richard; 28th March 22 at 03:20 AM.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to OC Richard For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Richard View Post
    MacGregor and MacDuff, a respected Highland Dress shop in Scotland, has ex-hire Argyll jackets up on Ebay for a very good price in a wide range of sizes including 56R

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15364167531...oAAOSw3aBiFjBY
    Yet again this site proves to be full of enablers. Today my argyle jacket from this link was delivered, and I have now gone from no kilt jackets to one and a half. The half is a tweed from St. Kilda that should be shipping soon.

8. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to kilted2000 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on your jacket success!

Quote Originally Posted by kilted2000 View Post
    Yet again this site proves to be full of enablers. Today my argyle jacket from this link was delivered, and I have now gone from no kilt jackets to one and a half. The half is a tweed from St. Kilda that should be shipping soon.
    I was left unsupervised a few weeks ago and stumbled upon the clearance section of St Kildas... The kilt is really nice, and the highland green tweed jacket fits quite well! May need a slight adjustment here and there.... saving up for an 18th century jacket, waistcoat combo....

Enjoy your outfit in good health and cheer!