X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston: Irish Wake for Mark Burkett (Zardoz), Apr 30th, 2-6pm at Ashford Pub

Our long-time friend, MARK BURKETT aka ZARDOZ, has passed away. On Saturday, April 30th from 2pm to 6pm we will be holding an Irish wake in his honor at the Ashford Arms Pub, Eldridge Pkwy S at Westheimer Rd near Hwy 6 S. There will be an auction to defray the costs of his cremation and to help share out the various kilts and kilt accessories that he accumulated over his life-time. Mark was an avid traditional and lifestyle kilt wearer and was well loved for sharing his knowledge and expertise about kilts and kilt regalia. He also took every opportunity to wear his kilt to formal and semi-formal events and looked really good doing it. So if you come to the wake, please wear your kilt or tartan skirt if you have one.

Slainte mhath,
    Max Triola aka triolamj
    "Bona Na Croin: Neither Crown Nor Collar."

2. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to triolamj For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for passing on the information. I've thought of Mark often since hearing the sad news on Facebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Somber Occasion Sprinkled with Laughter: A Good Send-Off

Thanks for your condolences, McMurdo. Most of us received a phone call within hours of his death while we were still seeing posts from him on Facebook from just a few hours before he was found and the night before. The fundraiser was, I hope, and appeared to be a success and a bag of excellent kilt hose, ruche ties, flashes, and balmorals / berets, that he had gifted me disappeared along with his kilts, hopefully to new homes. The house was full, the food sold out, many a story was told, and we felt a little better for being with each other and remembering the better times.

"Of all the comrades e'er I've had, they're sorry for my going away /
    Of all the sweethearts e'er I've had, they'd wish me one more day to stay /"

Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo View Post
    Thank you for passing on the information. I've thought of Mark often since hearing the sad news on Facebook.
    "Bona Na Croin: Neither Crown Nor Collar."

5. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to triolamj For This Useful Post: