X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

   X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Breton Tartans

  1. #11
    Join Date
    17th September 15
    Location
    France
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are very welcome, I have two Breton tartans Bro kerne and Bro Vigouden (Bigouden) both of my area, another thought is, have you asked Lady Chrystel, she makes my Kilts and has a option where she supplies the tartan of your choice,
    Very glad you enjoyed your time in Bretagne, it is a beautiful area of France, the best part of it, but I'm biased, it would be great if you could get a Breton tartan to celebrate your heritage, I wish you all the luck in the world. Cheers Christophe
    Last edited by Finistere; 30th May 22 at 11:44 PM.
    Whose coat is that jacket?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    1st February 07
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfoxdave View Post
    Thanks so much for checking. I really appreciate it. There is a company in Paris (Maison du Kilt) that sells kilts in these tartans, but only in the EU... so far all attempts to contact them have not been successful. The kilts are supposedly made in Scotland according to their website...
    I've put the word out to a few of the weavers we work with in Scotland. We'll see what they come back with.
    Joseph Croft FSA Scot
    Owner/Kilt Maker

    http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com/

    Whiskey to a Scotchman is as innocent as milk to the rest of the human race.
    Mark Twain

  3. #13
    Join Date
    1st February 07
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfoxdave View Post
    Thanks so much for checking. I really appreciate it. There is a company in Paris (Maison du Kilt) that sells kilts in these tartans, but only in the EU... so far all attempts to contact them have not been successful. The kilts are supposedly made in Scotland according to their website...
    Just curious if Kitfoxdave name has anything to do with our favorite airplane?
    Joseph Croft FSA Scot
    Owner/Kilt Maker

    http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com/

    Whiskey to a Scotchman is as innocent as milk to the rest of the human race.
    Mark Twain

  4. #14
    Join Date
    27th March 22
    Location
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Kitfox aircraft

    Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Croft View Post
    Just curious if Kitfoxdave name has anything to do with our favorite airplane?
    Yeah, I built the second Kitfox serial number model Ii out of the jigs. Fun airplane! Darn rotax died at just under 200 ft as I was departing the airport... ended up in a grapefruit tree...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    10th April 15
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfoxdave View Post
    Do you offer any of the Breton (Brittany) tartans such as Breton National, Breton Knight, or Bro Wened?
    Might they be available in wool blend homespun?

    Thanks so much.
    This is the reply I received from one of the weavers we work with in Scotland
    Hi Lorie

    Lovely to hear from you. Unfortunately we donít stock any of the Breton Tartans. Looking at the National Tartan Register, they all look to be private tartans.
    Apologies we canít help you on this occasion.
    Lorie Croft

  6. #16
    Join Date
    27th March 22
    Location
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thanks for checking

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorie Croft View Post
    This is the reply I received from one of the weavers we work with in Scotland
    Hi Lorie

    Lovely to hear from you. Unfortunately we donít stock any of the Breton Tartans. Looking at the National Tartan Register, they all look to be private tartans.
    Apologies we canít help you on this occasion.
    Thans so much for checking on this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0