X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dress Medals on a Montrose Doublet

Good Afternoon Fellow Kilters,

I have a question that I cannot find an answer to, although I have found many that come close, both here in the forums and on the internet in general. I have found great answers for the proper placement of dress ("mini") medals on a Prince Charlie, but I cannot, for the life of me, find any guidance on the proper/correct placement of dress medals for a Montrose doublet, for super-formal occasions. I would welcome your guidance and opinions,

Yours aye,

Scott

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGrahamLong View Post

I have a question that I cannot find an answer to, although I have found many that come close, both here in the forums and on the internet in general. I have found great answers for the proper placement of dress ("mini") medals on a Prince Charlie, but I cannot, for the life of me, find any guidance on the proper/correct placement of dress medals for a Montrose doublet, for super-formal occasions. I would welcome your guidance and opinions,

Yours aye,

Scott
    I'm not sure what a super-formal occasion is, White Tie? Irrespective of the occasion, a Montrose is but a different style of jacket and although it has no lapels, medals can still be worn. They should be positioned on the left breast in roughly the same place as full-size ones do on a military uniform.

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to figheadair For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scan 102.jpg

I would position them with the centre of the group about halfway between the centre line of the jacket and the the shoulder seam and at about the same height that they would be if mounted on the lapel. X marks the spot.

There's a photo here of Nathan wearing a Balmoral Doublet with miniature medal: http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...nsemble-97612/

While it's a different style of doublet the positioning of the miniature(s) would be the same.
    Last edited by Bruce Scott; 11th June 22 at 03:55 PM.

Montgomery Village, Maryland, near Washington, District of Columbia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dress Medals on a Montrose Doublet

United States Marine Corps regulations on the wearing of decorations on civilian attire states that they should be placed as closely as possible to to the position they would be worn on the uniform.
    Geoff Withnell

"My comrades, they did never yield, for courage knows no bounds."
    No longer subject to reveille US Marine.

6. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Geoff Withnell For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGrahamLong View Post

Yours aye,

Scott
    Let us know what you decided and how it turned out. I'd like to see pictures if you have any.

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to CaptainPanda For This Useful Post: