X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tartan hose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This turned out to be quite the interesting post ! Thanks to OC for the pictorial evolution of hose through the years and to the "dispenser of common sense" Jock Scot who points out the use of discretion. Make your decision an informed one through research, opinion gathering and observation of others on the subject. Jock famously posted once about when it comes to highland wear as with other things learn to differentiate between "need and want." That being said I offer my own favorite model of highland wear, the "king of pipers" John Burgess whose 17th anniversary of passing is remembered tomorrow {June 29 2005}. Here he is on YouTube playing The Lament for the Children https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKLIW-T4GNo
    I posted about his hose and found out that his loving wife would occasionally knit him a pair http://pmjohndburgess.com/images/gal...d_quaich_1.jpg {John is center left in the first two photos}. How's that for a pair of hose !!

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to kilted redleg For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being issues with a nonstandard phenotype, and as has been pointed out about the comfort and wear of custom hose, I wear diced and tartan hose. Even my latest hose, custom for need but colour for want, has a bit of accent…. C1A2DCFA-0A33-4AA1-95BB-87E8A17C2494.jpg

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Glen For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123