X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COScotsman View Post
    If you like the story telling facet of Scottish life, Sir Walter Scott's Tales of a Scottish Grandfather Vols 1-4 is enjoyable.
    I travel used bookstores a fair bit, and have never seen them; Scott is in fact rarely seen on the shelves except rarely for the Waverly Novels. I did inherit a complete bound set of those and the Tales are not among them, but Scott's output was of course prodigious.
    Last edited by Lallans; 10th August 22 at 02:15 PM. Reason: ts

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (38° 13' 11"N x 85° 37' 32"W gets you close)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Project Gutenberg* ("PG") has several of Sir Walter Scott's (two t's, please - generally, Scot is the ethnicity, Scott is the family) novels available for free. Most of the books on the website are transcriptions of books that are out of print or are otherwise no longer published. The Clan Scott Society offered the Sir Walter Scott electronic books to members a few years back and I've been wading my way through them in order, taking an occasional break to read something different from time to time. I'm maybe 2/3 through what I have at this point.

To the OP's question, it's likely the PG site has some histories available for your perusal. Bonne chance!

*From https://www.gutenberg.org/about/: "Project Gutenberg is an online library of free eBooks.

Project Gutenberg was the first provider of free electronic books, or eBooks. Michael Hart, founder of Project Gutenberg, invented eBooks in 1971 and his memory continues to inspire the creation of eBooks and related content today."
    John

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to EagleJCS For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to WalesLax For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12